On the eve of my 41st birthday, I find myself reflecting on how simple it would be to move from the chaos that seems to be sweeping the globe to perspective, peace and purpose. Based solely on my own experience and observations, here are some reminders to help maintain clarity and meaning, especially in the moments that would ordinarily send us into a downwards spiral:
1) Don’t let feelings of inadequacy steer you away from showing up in the world in the manner that you feel compelled to.
2) Support others.
3) Love, play and work hard.
4) Do your best, as often as possible.
5) Fess up to and own the moments where you fuck up instead of passing blame onto others or trying to protect your image due to pride. These moments are essential to evolution and learning.
6) Your dreams, the words trying to work their way through your voice and the urges that motivate you into the world are yours specifically. Pay attention to them and allow them to guide you forward. Trust they will bring you where you are meant to go.
7) Your intuition is the voice of the energy that animates your body. Listen to it. It will never steer you wrong.
8) Rise up with as much light as you can summon to meet the darkness that presents itself.
9) Take accountability and responsibility for what you put out into the world. It will outlive, outlast and represent you when you’re no longer here to do that for yourself.
10) Be kind to yourself. If you don’t know what that feels like, you won’t have any idea how to offer it over to others.
Thank you Bram! I just booked a trip to Bali which I had visualized last year. I made the decision that I wanted to be in Bali for my 50th Birthday! There were many times where i thought of just letting it go, that as a single mom it was not responsible of me to give myself this gift. But my memory of why i want this prevailed, and now there is no turning back.
I look forward to reading about your retreat in Bali and learning from it before my take-off!
Meaningful guideline/ outline that I hope to memorize into actions and not just words. Thank you Bram 🙂
Thought for food, indeed 🙂
Thank you Bram, I will print and post this list everywhere in my office and home, and most importantly, post it into my brain. It was awesome to be guided by you at Luna Yoga a few weeks ago, hope to see you again in Sutton real soon! Peace xx